With GreenBuild a mere eight days away, I'm excited and hopeful for the new improvements and announcements that few days will bring. In some ways it's like LEED Christmas, and I've decided it might be fun to write a letter to Santa! I started writing this and determined I wish for too much for one post, so I've been forced to split my into many parts, so there's more to come. I've been good this year, so I'm hoping for at least a few of my wishes to come true by the new year!
Add some holly and that there logo is a Christmas wreath!
Part 1 - LEED-Online
Since the letter from R.Fed about LEED 2009 mentioned "significant enhancements to LEED Online", I figured I'd start with my wish list for LEED-Online improvements:
- No more superslow servers!
- Move the "Enter" button far away from the "Remove Access" button on the project selector page... I could tell you how many times I've accidentally removed my self from projects I'm working on, but that would be embarrasing.
- List the project number and access code on the project selector page for the "Project Administrators" and "Project Managers"
- Fix the error where loading multiple supporting documents doesn't work. I've had to upload one document, browse away from the credit page and then back to upload a second document more than a few times.
- Get rid of the "Expand all credit categories" button and just list everything on the main page. Why add steps?
- Stop requiring that ALL project summary information must be loaded in order to edit ANY information. A lot of times we only have partial information, and are forced to load incorrect info just to save a few correct portions.
- Stop requiring every little edit to require the page to reload. When assigning roles the first time around the page has to reload for every single credit! This wouldn't be as big a deal if it didn't take 30 seconds to a minute for the page to reload. Why not just have an update button at the bottom so we can make a bunch of changes at once before reloading?
- Allow me to pre-assign roles to people I invite to join the project. It's an uneccesary step to invite them, wait for them to join, and then assign them a credit... It also means that they can't start working until I take the time to assign them a role.
That's it for LEED-Online recommendations that I can think of right now. In future posts I'll tackle an LEED education, membership, and customer service! Is there something you're wishing for that I missed? Leave a comment and share with all of us!