A few years ago, Chad Ludeman and Nic Darling of Postgreen embarked on a journey "to build a LEED Platinum home for $100,000 in hard construction costs." Lucky for you, they not only succeeded but documented the entire process on their popular 100K House blog!
Image credit: Postgreen
While their blog covers topics beyond the original project and is definitely a recommended read as a whole, I wanted to highlight some of the posts I found most helpful for LEED APs embarking on a LEED-Homes project... or you could just go directly to the 20 posts under the LEED category:
- To LEED or Not To LEED
- LEED Design Charrette Today
- Results of the LEED Design Charrette
- LEED for Homes Basic Process and Fees
- LEED for Homes - Home Size Adjustment Calculations
- Innovation & Design Process - LEED for Homes Review
- Construction Waste Management Recap
- LEED Landscaping Requirements
New readers may not be aware of a similar that that I profiled a over a year and a half ago (has it been that long???), The Lambert LEED Home. Know of other great LEED Homes resources that deserve attention? Let us know by leaving a comment.